Thursday, April 24, 2014

It's As Simple As That!

I was talking to another missionary a few days ago and they asked me if I felt that I was using my talents to share the Gospel and to invite others to come unto Christ. I thought for a moment and then answered, 'no.' I haven't felt that the talents that I know God has blessed me with have been utilized to their full potential as I am serving a mission.
Missionaries and members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, the week before Easter, were asked to share posts on Facebook using #BecauseofHim.
I decided that I was going to use my talents and have fun with the things that I posted. So, a friend and I decided to sing a song and post it with the theme of #BecauseofHim. The first song that I posted is called "My Kindness Shall Not Depart From Thee." We had fun putting it together and recording it! It was simple, it was easy and it was a way to share our testimonies of Christ and His sacrifice for each of us.
Throughout the rest of the week I would find hymns and songs from the Children's Songbook and record them to post on Facebook, all the while using #BecauseofHim and writing a brief testimony of what the words of the song meant to me.
As I posted each song, I felt a greater desire to continue to share the Gospel using the talents the Lord has given me. Missionary work is as simple as that!
When we share the Gospel, God gives us a greater portion of His Spirit to be with us and our desire to invite others to come unto Christ is strengthened, we are personally uplifted and we can be sure that the hearts and lives of those around us will be touched.

No comments:

Post a Comment