Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Swedish Fish and Self-Mastery

I ate some Swedish fish.
In fact, I ate a lot of them. They're just SO GOOD!
Unfortunately, that means that the entire bag that I purchased on Monday was gone on Thursday.
Self-mastery, anyone??

Self-mastery is a term I have heard a lot lately. As I began to study self-mastery and self-control, I came across synonymous terms like temperance, moderation, modesty. Then as I studied those, I came across more terms: abstain, cease, refrain, chastity, bridle, the Word of Wisdom, sanctity, virtue.
Everything simply kept coming back to the fact that, without self-mastery we cannot have the Spirit to be with us. However, as we keep our lives within the standards set by the Lord we are promised that the Spirit will be with us continually.
That is an amazing promise!
I know that I want to be eligible to receive all of the blessings that my loving Heavenly Father has in store for me.
Step 1: don't buy any more Swedish fish.

How can you have more self-mastery?

No comments:

Post a Comment