Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Updates, Improvements, and Bug Fixes

I am, in general, pretty technologically...incompetent. When I got a laptop I was constantly asking my dad or my roommates or even my younger siblings to help me figure things out.
Now, on my mission, we have lots of technology. We have iPads! We have to update our iPads periodically so that they can get new gadgets and so that they will be more self-sufficient and not rely as much on other people having to come in and fix them. As I was updating my iPad, it said, "Preparing update...This update contains improvements and bug fixes. Learn more."
This struck me!
In a couple of weeks The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is having General Conference where the prophet and the apostles will speak to us. What a wonderful blessing and opportunity that is! We get to hear those whom the Lord has called and chosen to lead and guide us. They speak to us on a multiplicity of topics, including marriage and family, education, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the importance of spiritual and physical self-reliance, being prepared, loving and serving our fellow man and many others.
Someone once said, "Live your life in six-month increments." General Conference is every six months! We are to focus on the things that the prophet and the leaders of the Church tell us for six months. Then when we have General Conference again, we are to add to our knowledge those new things that they teach us and apply them into our daily lives.
General Conferece is the update!This week we are preparing for it! Prepare to receive revelation! "Preparing update!"
Conference teaches us improvements and how to bring our lives more fully into alignment with God and His will for each of us. Our leaders are guided by the Holy Spirit to tell us how we can fix the spiritual problems and 'gremlins' in our lives and be more happy and more focused on God and others. "This update contains improvements and bug fixes!"
SO, watch General Conference! Look it up! "Learn more!"

No comments:

Post a Comment